Image Map

2015 End of Year Book Survey




Wow, it is that time of year once again. It is time to take a look back on my year in books. I love being able to do this on Goodreads, but I really love taking part in the End of Year Book Survery hosted over on the Perpetual Page Turner. I really can't wait to look back on all the wonderful, and not so wonderful, reads that I have had this year. It's also a chance to look back on my year of blogging which, if I'm honest, hasn't really been that busy as I have been on a break for most of it! 









Number of books read:

136

I am really pleased with this, especially considering I was only hoping to manage 100. I even managed to read more than last year, which is probably due to blogging a lot less. 


Number of re-reads:

14

I am quite happy that I actually got quit a few rereads in. I made a last minute decision a few days ago to start rereading HP, which I am currently doing. I also reread lots of books in series in order to read the next one. Also did a few rereads of Colleen Hoover books. 


Genre you read the most from:

I'm not too sure but I'd probably say it would end up being fantasy or contemporary, I devoured a lot of books from both those genres. 




1. Best book you read in 2015?

I am of course going to cheat and pick more than one favourite. For reference and reasons you can just go to my post on my top reads of the year here. I've left off some favourites, but the main ones are below.



2. Book you were excited about and thought you were going to love but didn't?


I was really looking forward to reading all three of these, but ended up being really disappointed with them all. I think A Thousand Nights is probably one that will divide opinion. I didn't hate it, I was just rather bored by the whole story. Red Queen was one I was expecting to love, especially considering all the glowing reviews and awards being thrown at it. I just read it and felt it was one of the most unoriginal books around, it read like so many other books in the genre and didn't excite me one bit. Paper Towns was one that I had high expectations of, especially how much it is raved about. I was bored and frustrated with that book, especially when it came to our main character Quinton, and his obsession with Margot - one of the most infuriating female characters in existence. Not a fan! 


3. Most surprising (in a good or bad way) book you read?

Good way:

These were definitely three of the more surprising reads that I read this year. The Game of Love and Death offered personified versions of  Love and Death, which just worked so well. I also ended up totally shipping those two together, even though they weren't even the main focus of the story. The DUFF really worked for me, even though I know some people really disliked that book. It is very different to the movie adaptation, but in a good way. This one surprised me in the way that it really honestly explored teenage sex, and didn't sugar coat it all the way that some YA novels have a habit of doing. The Martian was a surprise because I didn't know what to expect, but I really wasn't expecting a book as absolutely hilarious and unputdownable as that one was.

Bad way:

Unleashed was definitely a surprising read, but in the worst way possible. I was so disappointed with that book and really shocked by the direction the book went it. It basically got rid of every single secondary character we had met in book one, including the love interest. Then through in a whole new cast of characters and tried to force yet another romance. It did not work and I was so surprised that this was how the series ended. 


4. Book you "pushed" the most people to read?

Top choice

I actually have yet to write my review for this. But it is coming. READ THIS BOOK. Even if you don't usually read adult fiction. Even if you don't think a book set on Mars would interest you. Even if you have zero interest in it. READ IT. You will not regret it. This is seriously one of the most amazing books I have ever read. It also contains one of the greatest male characters of all time. Mark Watney is so funny and I just adored his character. 

Close second

I think it would have to be these two. I loved Night Owls so much that I felt compelled to get in touch with the author and beg for her to do a Q&A for me, which she did. I absolutely loved the book and really pushed it on others. Rebel of the Sands isn't out till next year, but I loved it so much that I held a pre-order giveaway on Twitter and told everyone they had to read it. 


5. Best series you started in 2015? Best sequel of 2015? Best series ender of 2015?

Series starters

These were my favourite series that I have started in 2015, and I am so excited to continue them and find out how they all end. I was so happy that I ended up loving Magnus Chase and the Sword of Summer, especially when I struggled with the first couple of PJ books. I think it is because these read as much more YA than PJ did. I also really enjoyed Demon Road by Derek Landy and I am beyond excited to see what happens with the next book. 

Sequels

These two were definitely the top sequels that I read in 2015. I would include Queen of Shadows, but I am still so torn over that book and how aspects of it turned out. Half Wild didn't disappoint me at all, although it left me desperate to get my hands on the final book - which has thankfully happened! Golden Son was also a really wonderful sequel, one that left me desperate for the third and final book, especially with the way that it ended. 


6. Favourite new author you discovered in 2015?


I decided I was going to only count authors who I had discovered this year and read more than one book from. I don't feel like I can put them on a list of favourites if I have only read one book by them. So Emery Lord surprised me with Open Road Summer and The Start of Me and You, two super adorable contemporaries. Leah Raeder, who I can't seem to find a face picture of ANYWHERE, gave me Unteachable, Black Iris and Camgirl this year and I enjoyed them all, although Unteachable is definitely my favourite of the three. She gets a lot of points as she writes diverse characters, but also has bisexual charcters in her books which can be hard to come by. Sally Green just wowed me with her Half Wild series and was super lovely when I met her this year. 



7. Best book from a genre you don't typically read/was out of your comfort zone?


I don't read a lot of new adult fiction, unless it has Colleen Hoovers name written on it. But this book had been recommended so much on her group page on Facebook that I decided to give it a go. I am so glad that I did because I was completely unable to put this beauty down. I wanted to devour anything else she had written and was so sad to discover that she has written nothing else since. 


8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?


These were definitely the four books that I found the hardest to put down this year. The Martian being the one that definitely took me on a rollercoaster ride. It shocked me; making me laugh and cry, sometimes at the same time. I will recommend that book to everyone and anyone. READ IT! I also adored Magnus Chase and Six of Crows. I couldn't put down Queen of Shadows because I just had to know how that book was going to end. And I also had to make doubly sure that my ship was going to sink like the Titanic - and it did! 


9. Book you read in 2015 that you are most likely to re-read next year?

Anything that has a sequel out next year, as I always feel the need to reread otherwise I forget everything. I AM BASICALLY DORY! And Colleen Hoover books are my go to when I want to get out of a slump, so I expect I will reread a good few of those too.


10. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2015?


These is a lovely mix of covers and I love them all for different reasons. I absolutely adore the two covers in the Snow Like Ashes series, they are just unbelievably gorgeous. I love the November 9 cover, despite how simplistic it is, which I think is the same reason I love The Game of Love and Death cover. There's just something about the Under the Influence cover that I just really love.


11. Most memorable character of 2015?

Mark Watney from The Martian


FUNNIEST MALE PROTAGONIST.... EVER!


12. Most beautifully written book read in 2015?

I actually don't know what book I want to pick for this. I read a lot of books that I felt were very beautifully written.



13. Most thought-provoking/life-changing book of 2015?


I think I would pick these three. Fans of the Impossible Life looked at depression, mental health, sexuality and lots more. George was a middle grade book about a girl called George, who knows she's a girl but has to fight to be able to make others see it. I think it dealt so well with the subject and think it should be something children should read in schools. One just made me sob far too much and was just beautiful. 


14.  Book you can't believe you waited UNTIL 2015 to finally read?


I have read every single book Colleen Hoover has published since I read my first Hoover book, Slammed, way back in 2012 or possibly earlier. But, even though I owned them, it took me till almost the end of this year to finally read these three. I am glad I finally did as they were all really good. I love me some Colleen Hoover.

15. Favourite passage/ quote from a book you read in 2015?


I think Leah Raeder perfectly captured how it feels to lose someone, especially when you lose someone far too young. 


16. Shortest and longest book you read in 2015?


17. Book that shocked you the most?


This one shocked me A LOT, for various different reasons. I still can't decide whether I loved this book or not. There was so much I wasn't happy with, but so much that I enjoyed too. I hated what happened to the characters in this, they didn't seem like the same characters I had seen in the previous books. I was also shocked at where the romance went in this book. It seemed to 1. come out of nowhere and 2. not make much sense at all. 


18. OTP of the year?

I actually have quite a few pairings that I loved this year, but I finally went with these two as I can actually get pictures of them thanks to http://thegrishaverse.wikia.com. I really adored these two together. Six of Crows was awesome and I totally shipped these two. Inej and Kaz care so much for each other, but Kaz likes to pretend he's all tough and evil and has 0 feelings for anyone. But he's so transparent and that's why I adore him. I'm hoping book two gives me all the shipper feels.

19. Favourite non-romantic relationship of the year?

I am definitely going to pick Darrow and Sevro from Golden Son. I love these two!


20. Favourite book you read in 2015 from an author you've read previously?

I've already spoke of my love for Colleen Hoover and I absolutely loved November 9 by her. She released two books this year and she has two more coming out next year. I can't wait!


21. Best book you read in 2015 that you read solely on a recommendation from somebody else/peer pressure?

Thank you to all the fellow CoHort's that recommended this to me over and over again! I found a new favourite novel.


22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2015?

There is no way I could just pick one, I'm a fictional crush slut in that regard,

  1. Ben from November 9. 
  2. Kaz from Six of Crows, because he is utterly adorable in all his attempts to seem a heartless bastard. 
  3. Gabriel from Half Bad, even though he is gay, that doesn't mean I can't have a crush on him. And also ship him with Nathan because those two are toooooo frigging cute! 
  4. Henry from The Game of Love and Death! 
  5. Jack from Night Owls
  6. Josh Bennett from The Sea of Tranquility
  7. Jin from Rebel of the Sands



23. Best 2015 debut you read?


I thought these were all very promising debuts and made me sure that I want to read whatever the authors do next.


24. Best worldbuilding/most vivid setting you read this year?


I was so happy to go back to the Grisha world in Six of Crows, I definitely think it's one of the greatest worlds I have seen. There is so much to explore there, it's not wonder that Bardugo decided to set another book in this world. I really hope she continues to do so in the future, as there is still so much that she could explore. I LOVED Rebel of the Sands setting, it was like Aladdin meets a Western, with magic and myth as well. LOVED IT! 


25. Book that put a smile on your face/was the most fun to read?


I laughed a lot and had a ton of fun reading all three of these books.


26. Book that made you cry in 2015?


I really love that The Martian made it into both of these. It definitely made me laugh out loud, but it also made me cry. It made me cry and laugh at the same time. But sometimes I was crying because I was so tense and frightened, and really nervous about where this story was going to go. One just broke me a little bit and had me properly ugly crying. 


27. Hidden gem of the year?


28. Book that crushed your soul?

I think I would probably say that Queen of Shadows managed to do that quite a lot. It not only killed my ship, but it also treated a lot of my favourite characters like shit.


29. Most unique book you read in 2015?


I would have to say that Shade Me definitely felt unique to me. That was because it had a character who synaesthesia. This is where her senses overlap. So numbers and words have colours, as do emotions. It was a very unique thing and not something I had seen before in a book. I admit that I didn't enjoy the book itself very much. 


30. Book that made you the most mad?


These all made me mad for different reasons. The One and Only made me mad because the characters were gross and the story unrealistic. Girl falls for and dates best friends father, after his recent wife's death. This is after she grew up as a child around him. He used to change her nappy and babysit her. THIS IS SICK! Nope.

Talon made me feel awful just because it was just terribly written and didn't offer all the cool dragon action that it promised. It was just filled with an awful romance aspect and someone talking about their inner dragon as if it was Anastasia Steele's inner goddess. RIDICULOUS! 
Unleashed was so bad. It got rid of all the old secondary characters and love interest and tried to introduce all new ones... in the final book of a series. NOPE! Queen of Shadows still makes me raging mad if I think about it for too long. Some of it frustrated me beyond all belief. 




1. New favourite book blog you discovered in 2015?

I've been really absent from blogging for most of this year and so I don't really know when I discovered blogs. So how about I just list a bunch that I have visited a lot or loved reading this year:

Cait @ Paper Fury Amanda @ Nellie and Co. Brittany @ This is the Story of My Reading Life | Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek | Mikayla @ Mikayla's Bookshelf |  Ella @ Once Upon a Bookish Time | Ebony @ Daring Damsels | Mel @ The Daily Prophecy | Allie @ Little Birdie Books | Zoe @ Stories on Stage | Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books | Anna @ Herding Cats & Burning Soup | Anne @ Lovely Literature | Pam @ YA Escape From Reality | Eileen @ BookCatPin | Patty @ Patty's Book Corner | Chuckles @ Churckles Book Cave | Jess @ My Reading Dress | Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek | Kindlemom @ My Guilty Obsession | Kay @ It's A Book Life | Jess @ Jess Watkins | Alma @ Journey Through Fiction | Mara @ The Reading Hedgehog | Jeann @ Happy Indulgence | Breathes Books | Ashana @ Ashana Lian | Finley @ Finley Jayne | Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road | Natalie @ The Written Adventure | Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books | Kelly @ Diva Booknerd | Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight | Kara @ Diary of Teen Writer | Olivia @ Olivia's Catastrophe | Rachel @ Beauty and the Bookshelf | Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales  | Lizzie @ Big Books and Grande Lattes | Alexandra @ Milky Way of Books | Emma @ Awkwardly Emma | Sophie @ Sophie Reads YA | Kitty @ My Little Corner of Books | Alexandria @ The Book's Buzz | Eugenia @ Genie in a Book | Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf | Zaira @ Addicted Readers  | Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books | Rachel @ Obsessed with Fairy Tales | Zoey @ Uncreatively Zoey | Lauren @ Bookmark Lit | Jess @ A Book Addict's Bookshelf  | Grace @ Rebel Mommy Book Blog | Cassie @ Cassie the Weird | P.E Mari @ The Sirenic Codex | Kate @ Sporadic Reads | Tanya @ Girl Plus Books


2. Favourite review that you wrote in 2015?


  1. Queen of Shadows was one of my favourites to write because it was challenging. It was very hard to put my feelings down in writing. But I had fun doing it and my gif game was strong with this one.
  2. Paper Towns by John Green because it was probably the review that caused the most discussion. I didn't enjoy the book and I loved being able to explain why. I also loved the discussions in the comments and being able to talk to others about it.
  3. Night Owls because I managed to get the author to take part in a Q&A for it. Plus I gushed so much and just filled this with gifs and gushing. 
  4. The Game of Love and Death was another one where I got the author to take part in a Q&A. Plus I got to just share so many wonderful quotes from this beautiful book. 
  5. Demon Road was fun to review, especially as it was an excuse to use an abundance of Supernatural gifs. 
  6. The Duff is another one I enjoyed writing because I adored that book so much and it gave me lots to talk about. Plus I included my thoughts on the movie and compared the too.
  7. A Court of Thorns and Roses because I just love reviewing any book by Maas. 
  8. Unleashed was so much fun because I just got to rant and rant and rant.
  9. Talon was a book I HATED with a passion that was hard to explain. I tried to express it the best way I could... THROUGH GIFS!
  10. Red Queen is another one I really didn't like and just wanted to rant about. I do love me a good rant review.


3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

Throne of Glass series recap: I am so proud of this post, as I actually managed to recap the whole of the series leading up to Queen of Shadows. Next year I will do the same for Queen of Shadows before I get to the next book. 

I also loved my discussion on why I loved Celaena Sardothien, and why I wished people would stop hating on confident women.

And I also loved doing the Find Me tag because it meant doing lots of bookish photography.



4. Best event that you participated in?

I got to attend YALC for the second time and it was sooooo good. It was much bigger than last year and had so many great events and author signings. I got to meet so many amazing authors and get so many books signed. I met Derek Landy, who loved my name A LOT. He took my post it note with my name on as he thought he might use it in an upcoming book... if that happened I would freak out!

I also got to attend so many wonderful events. I went to the Hot Key blogger brunch and the Scholastic blogger brunch. I went to events at Bloomsbury publishing house, as well as a different Hot Key author event. I went to amazing events at Waterstones Piccadilly. I got to meet Sarah J. Maas and got all my hardback and paperback books signed. I also got to meet Jennifer Niven, Sally Green, David Levithan, Leigh Bardugo and so many more.

5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2015?

I failed at most of my blogging life in 2015! I am happy that I completed my reading goal. I'm pleased I went to so many bookish events, I suffer from severe anxiety and so that is a huge deal for me.

I've been Marlin this year. I hope to be more Dory in 2016!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?

Actually managing to find time to blog was probably the hardest. I have come down with many an illness. I have also really struggled with anxiety and depression this year, which took me out of commission for a long time. I changed jobs, which is a lot of pressure for someone who has big anxiety. That has involved a lot more travel and much longer hours, so my free time is very limited. I have struggled a lot to find time for the time or energy to fully commit to the blog. I really hope to change that in 2016.


7. Most popular post this year on your blog?

The Throne of Glass recap was actually really popular. As was my Team Chaol discussion post. Also so was my post about my new design and return to the blog.

8. Post you wish you got a little more love?

I really wish more people had taken part in the 1989 tag that I created because it took a lot of time.



9. Best bookish discovery?

Etsy was the best and worst thing I discovered this year. It stole all my money.


10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?


This is better than the last two years. 2013 I managed 101, 2014 I managed 112. I guess that's what happens when you stop blogging and actually have time to read.




1. Books you didn't get to in 2015 but will be your number one priority in 2016?

2. Books you are most anticipating for 2016? (non-debut)


And this is just the ones that actually had covers up. I am also desperate for the next Throne of Glass book, as well as all of Colleen Hoovers releases next year.

3. 2016 debut you are most anticipating?



4. One thing you hope to accomplish or do in your reading/blogging life in 2016?

Read at least 100 books. And actually take the time to blog. I would like to average 3 posts a week for the whole year! Fingers crossed that I can do it.

5. A 2016 release you've already read and recommend to everyone?




Reaching the end of this survey kind of feels like this:


Thank you to everyone who has made it to the end of this post! Now feel free to link up to your own survey in the comments. Or discuss your own bookish 2015 below. I'd love to hear what your favourite book/books of the year were. 

43 comments:

  1. I AM SO GLAD TO SEE HALF BAD ON YOUR LIST. I recently got a copy but I've heard really mixed things! However, the synopsis sounds so intriguing to me so I definitely want to give it a read. Good luck with reading in 2016! :D
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was unsure of it as well because of all the mixed things I had heard. I ended up loving it though and enjoyed the sequel even more than the first book.

      Delete
  2. I love this! I never read Unleashed even though I loved the first because of all the bad reviews I saw for it. I don't think I saw a single good one.

    Here is to hoping 2016 is a great reading year for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not at all surprised, that book was sooo disappointing.

      Delete
  3. Yess read Made You Up! It is SO epic. Also, I just loved Night Owls so much. Jack is definitely a new book boyfriend on the list <3 You did so much reading and it looks like you did have a good bookish year as well <3 Hope 2016 is going to treat us well and we can both get just as many book-related things done too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack <3 Oh, how I adored that boy. I really want to read Made You Up, I have heard so many good things about that one. Me too, I want to accomplish lots of things this year.

      Delete
  4. Amazing list!!!!

    This must have taken you ages. Really pleased that you included not so great reads as well. Sadly not all books come out well so it's good to know which ones should be on the bottom of the TBR pile.

    Good luck in 2016 x

    Katie | Bookabie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, this really did take sooooo long to write. But it was worth it ;)

      Delete
  5. I really must envy people who can read so many books. Damn my dyslexia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took a lot of time to do that many though, I'm sure I will read less in 2016 as I want to blog more.

      Delete
  6. So many awesome looking reads! I have GOT to read the Throne of Glass series this year. *flails* Hope you find some great reads in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, do it!!! #1 is good, but #2 is were it really gets amazing.

      Delete
  7. I agree with so much of this I lost track by the time I got down to the comments. I wish I had the patience to be bothered actually doing this, but I get like halfway through and then go "ARRGHHH stop making me make hard decisions!", haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. This takes soooo long to do and then makes me make hard decisions. I AM NOT GOOD WITH DECISIONS!

      Delete
  8. Ahh, so many new books to add to my TBR. Unteachable is one I have had sitting on my shelf for awhile now and need to pick it up soon. It sounds so freakin' good. Also, QOS...I just am so nervous to read it. So many people half love it and half hate it. I'm just so nervous. Though, I haven't even read Heir of Fire :P

    Hope you have an amazing 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been OD'ing on end-of-year surveys the last week - and I love it. :) It's so much fun to see everyone wrap up their year, share their favorite books, their disappointments, etc. So impressed with the sheer # of books you read last year. I read 75 (and am perfectly happy with that). Happy to see November 9 among your favorites. There's no one like Colleen Hoover! I've had The Sea of Tranquility on my shelf for far too long. I *will* be reading it this year. I hear nothing but raves. Paper Towns - I was NOT a fan. I have decided, after 3 books, that John Green just isn't for me. Lovely man, enjoy his vlogbrothers videos, but his writing... not so much. Thank you SO much for including me among your favorite blog discoveries of 2015! What a happy surprise to see my name in there! And to be included among some of my favorites (like Shannon from It Starts at Midnight!) is a very good feeling indeed. I did a brief end of year survey HERE and shared my favorite books of the year HERE . Here's wishing for a year filled with great books!

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that and I enjoyed it a lot. Colleen always writes so many amazing books. I am never disappointed by her books. YAY! Glad someone else didn't enjoy that book. No problem, I love you book and have had so much fun reading your posts.

      Delete
  10. I loved your list. There's quite a bit of great reading here. For some odd reason, I don't want to read The Martian, but I really want to see the movie. Thanks for putting all this together. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I will rave about The Martian forever. READ THE BOOK ;)

      Delete
  11. Great post! Well done for reading so many books this year - I couldn't even reach 50! I completely agree with Paper Towns, for pretty much the same reasons. I just couldn't get on with Quentin at all.
    This has also reminded me how many books I need to read this year, especially Throne of Glass, as everyone seems to love that series. Seeing Half Wild and Night Owls on here also made me really excited to read them, as they are currently on my TBR. Hopefully I'll get round to them soon!
    Hope you have a great year of reading in 2016 and thanks for checking out my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I doubt I will be able to manage as many this year.

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes! You read and love The Sea of Tranquility. That is such a hidden gem. I actually can't believe I haven't re-read it since I first read it years ago. And I understand your frustration over the author; more books please!
    QoS still creates a lot of rage within me whenever I think about it. I miss Celaena. Aelin is truly a fire breathing bitch. I miss Chaol. Alright I'll just stop myself now...
    I'm still thankful that your brought Night Owls into my life. That's a book I will be re-reading soontime too.
    I actually really enjoyed A Thousand Nights. It was so unique that I found it hard not to be immersed. Although The Wrath and the Dawn is the winner if we're comparing re-tellings. I cannot wait for you to read it. It's beautiful.
    I totally forgot I read One. That book tore me to pieces as well. Such heartbreak.
    Six of Crows has all the ships I could wish for in a book. I need them all to smash mouths together in the next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I DID!!! SUCH AN AMAZING BOOK. I feel I need a reread already. It was sooo bloody good.

      Delete
  14. "I made a last minute decision a few days ago to start rereading HP" hahahaha I hate when that happens ;) I've been resisting the omnipresent temptation, althoughhhh my friend got my the gorgeous illustrated Philosopher's Stone for Christmas and I might just have to read it properly and then, uh, reread all the others? Oops ...

    Anyway, great post! I've heard The Game of Love and Death is amaaaazing, it sounds so good! Also DEMON ROAD DEMON ROAD WHY HAVEN'T I READ IT YET?!?!? I bought it the day after it came out (legit!) in August but I've still not read it. (I guess I'm still not over Skulduggery. I don't trust Derek anymore.)

    I've heard so much about Six of Crows -- everybody is OBSESSED with it -- but I've actually not read the original trilogy yet so I should get onto that, I guess, before I dive in with SoC.

    I'm also enjoying the look of Magnus Chase, although I'm actually yet to finish the Percy series, so that first!

    One looks really good. I read The Weight of Water by Sarah Crossan which I loved so much, so I don't know why I've not picked up her other books yet.

    Emily @ Ink, Inc.

    PS new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! Hp rereading urges just hit me at the worst of times. It was the Illustrated edition that made me do the reread, haha!

      IT REALLY IS! The Game of Love and Death was just sooo good. SO GOOD!!!

      It it worth all the praise and you don't need to read the original trilogy to read it.

      Delete
  15. I don't even know where to start with my commenting! This post was so long haha.

    I bought The Sea of Tranquility just last month and I'm so glad I did because everyone seems to love this book! I have no idea when I'm actually going to read it since I have so many books on my physical TBR, but hopefully sometime in the next few months!

    I read my first Rick Riordan book in December and now I'm obsessed! Jeann @ Happy Indulgence sent me her ARC of Magnus Chase and I can't wait to read it. I'm really looking forward to The Trials of Apollo as well!

    I'm currently 2/3 of the way through The Winner's Crime and omg I cannot wait for the final book! It's going to be epic, I just know it. And I don't want The Winner's Crime to end yet because the wait will be unbearable!! I'm also impatiently awaiting the sequel to Six of Crows because I need the crew back together and I need Nina to be okay T_T.

    Jenna @ Reading with Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am soooo sorry. I should have done what others did and not answer every single question. OOOPS!

      I hope you love it, it is one of my new favourites.

      I NEED THE FINAL WINNER'S BOOK ALREADY!!!

      Delete
  16. 136 books is an incredible total! I hope 2016 goes just as well for you if not better. I love the use of gifs throughout your survey! The One and Only has been sat on my bookshelf for ages, but I just haven't had the motivation to read it for some reason. Half Bad has been on my radar for ages too but it's another one I haven't got my hands on. I'm glad The Martian made your best books list!

    https://thebookiemonsters.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, still not quite sure how I read that many. It was such an amazing book. can't wait for what Weir does next.

      Delete
  17. I loved Half Bad, Golden Son and Sea of Tranquility is one of my favorite books ever!!! Six of Crows is also a favorite. I think I started reading Hoover's books last year?

    I hope you have a wonderful and healthy 2016 with time to blog, read and do everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The Game of Love and Death is one I wanted to read, but didn't get to. I need to make it a priority in this year.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great list! I have yet to read Queen of Shadows and everyone keeps saying they have mixed feelings about it, so I'm a little nervous. The Martian was so good! If you haven't seen the movie, you should check that out, too. It's not as good, but still worth a watch. Reading this makes me realize how many books I wasn't able to get to in 2015. Onto 2016, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely have mixed ones, but I did enjoy it overall. I saw the movie, it was really good but definitely not as good as the book.

      Delete
  20. COMPLETELY AGREE about Red Queen! I just didn't get the hype at all. I'll likely read the sequel to see what happens next, but I already know that I shouldn't.

    And I need to get to The Game of Love and Death and Six of Crows soon. :) Lovely list, Charnell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! Glad someone else felt the same about that book.

      Delete
  21. I worship this survey in all its thoroughness, but YES - it was ridiculously challenging to do. HAVE A LEMBAS, MR. FRODO! You're done now!

    Much as I hate to add to the hype, I CAN'T POSSIBLY recommend Illuminae or Made You Up highly enough. Especially Illuminae. Hype usually falls short for me (uhm, agreed 935% on Red Queen), but Illuminae, man. <3 It just murdered me with its beautifulness. And a psychotic anti-hero. (Tbh it's probably the psychotic anti-hero. I imprint on those.) We're anticipating many of the same releases and debuts, too. So 2016 is gonna be a blast. Hopefully. Y'know. Unless the hype murders it, too.

    - Lexie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it takes soooo long to do.

      YES!!! YOU AGREE ON RED QUEEN, THANK GOD!!!!!

      I LOVED ILLUMINAE!!! IT WAS INCREDIBLE!!!! <3

      Delete
  22. Amazing responses here! I'm so glad you enjoyed the sea of tranquility!! It's one of my favorite reads of all time. I was supposed to read THe Six of Crows when I got the hardback but I don't know if I need to read the grisha trilogy to read TSoC.

    HAHAh AND YES QoS STILL MAKES ME MAD When I think about it!!! There were parts I loved, but other parts just... nooooo. I was holding onto hope but as you mentioned, my ship sank so deep i don't think it can be saved.

    Once again, great answers. I've just added a few books to my TBR book thanks to you! Hope 2016 is a great reading year for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for stopping by my EOY Survey. I'm so glad that you read and loved The Sea of Tranquility. That was one of my favorites from a couple of years ago! I've been meaning to re-read it. I didn't love Paper Towns either. The DUFF impressed me last year, and I ended up giving up on Unleashed because it seemed like it took too long to come out since the first book and I lost interest in the series. I still need to read Six of Crows. I really enjoyed The Martian as a movie, but I haven't read the book. And I too love Colleen Hoover! Great answers!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day! Because of time restraints, this is now an award free zone but thanks so much for considering me! Feel free to leave a link to your own blog and I will come visit.