Image Map

OTPs are LIFE! TTT Valentine Edition



It's time for Top Ten Tuesday and this weeks topic is:

My Favourite OTPs

It's almost Valentine's day, so that means it is the perfect time to get all giddy about my favourite OTPs in fiction and beyond! I definitely have a shipper heart, I do love to get behind a couple and root for them all the way. But, there are definitely those select few who just completely steal my heart and soul - And I will ship forever and ever and ever.

image


In Books:


Hermione & Ron

imageThis should come as no surprise to anyone who has been following me for a while. I have a HP obsession that is hard to truly explain. My love for that series is endless! And Hermione and Ron will forever be my number one OTP. I just adore those two together, they're just too cute! And I love that they start out disliking each other, become the best of friends and then fall in love. 


Katniss & Peeta

I know there are so many people who are still Team Gale, but I shall forever be Team Peeta. I remember the first time I read book one and I really liked Gale, but by the end of that book I was just in love with Peeta. After he went through the arena with her in book one, he was the only person who truly understood her. And that just became so much stronger in book two. Book three almost broke my heart, but it made me so happy in the end. And the movie casting was perfection! I remember wondering if Josh Hutcherson was right for the part, but he honestly is the perfect Peeta. 

Chaol and Celaena
By compoundbreadChaol & Celaena
image
Okay, so S.J. Maas might have blown a gazillion friggin' holes in this ship. This will not stop me shipping it until the very end. I will never be for Rowan and Aelin, I will be creeped out by that for all eternity! Chaol and Celaena were just perfect together, Crown of Midnight totally proved that. But then Maas just starts to slowly but surely blow more and more holes in it. *sobs uncontrollably*


Jace & Sam

These two won me over in this book from the very beginning. If you have not read My Life Next Door yet then you are really missing out. Just writing up this post has made me desperate to revisit these characters and have a reread of this book. Jace Garrett is probably one of my biggest fictional crushes too, I adore that boy!


Sephy & Callum

I get all the bloody feels by just writing down their names! The Noughts & Crosses series is one of my childhood favourites, and it's a series I still love to this day. Those characters had such a big impact on me when I was younger, I even ended up naming my cat after one of them. Their romance was adorable and cute, but also not accepted by many around them. They also grew up together and were best friends, and I am such a sucker for those kind of love stories. 


Henry & Clare 

imageOh my, writing this post has just made me want to reread all of these books. I adored them all so much and the romances are just perfection. I only read this once, but it became an instant favourite. I was so blown away by this book. Henry and Clare were perfect together and this is probably my favourite time travel book that I have ever read. I am tearing up just thinking about it. I definitely need to reread it. If you saw the film, but didn't read the book - READ THE BOOK! The movie was so bad compared to the book.




Nathan and Gabriel



Ally & Noah 

Yes... I love The Notebook. And actually I love the movie more than the book. It's just so good. And so romantic. And utterly adorable. And... ahhhh, my heart hurts just thinking about it. That ending though...



Non-Book OTPs

Jim & Pam

Yup, I am mentioning Jim & Pam again. I'm not even sorry. If Hermione and Ron are my ultimate bookish OTPs, then these two are my ultimate non-bookish OTP. I honestly don't believe it is possible to be more heavily invested in two fictional people than I am with Jim & Pam. If you have never watched The Office then you are missing out big time. These two are the cutest couple I have ever seen in the history of ever. And the show doesn't make the mistake of trying to drag out the will they or won't they storyline. 


 
Kayleigh & Garrett

The Magic Sword: Quest for Camelot is one of my favourite childhood movies. These to have to make the list... Same as the next couple:


Anastasia & Dimitri

Another childhood favourite!

Satine & Christian

Why do I love OTPs that end with me in puddles of tears?!?! 


Do any of these couples make your list of favourite OTPs? Which couple would you say were your ultimate OTP?






I reached 4,000 followers on Instagram and so decided to hold a giveaway. It finishes on the 10th of February and you can find it here.







22 comments:

  1. Yes! Kayleigh and Garrett are the best! (and I was definitely listening to the music from Quest for Camelot tonight!) And I definitely agree- Chaol and Celeana is my favourite and no matter what happens I will ALWAYS ship them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hermione & Ron almost made my list. And I'm so confused about the whole Celaena & Chaol thing. I mean I LOVED them in CoM, and even though I like this ship, I also like Rowan. I just can't make up my mind. :/ Great list today, and thanks for sharing. :)
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness someone still understands the Chaol and Celaena ship :P I also think you put a spoiler about the Throne of Glass series in this post hahah!! That's alright though because I completely understand. THIS SHIP WILL NEVER SINK NO MATTER WHAT.

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG YESSSS I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH HOW CREEPY THE ROMANCE IS BETWEEN ROWAN AND CELAENA. *shudders* I will never ship it, NEVER! Choal has my heart and will have it always!(Btw, did you know Choal's name is pronounced KALE??!! I always thought it was pronounced COAL, but for some reason Maas thought it would be a good idea to name him after one of the grossest vegetables on the planet?! MY MIND IS BOGGLED AND I JUST CAN'T GET OVER IT.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore these soooooo much!!! I think I have more OTPs on the non-book ones. AND OMG!!! ANASTASIA AND DIMITRI!!!! I looooove them soooo, sooooo much! I don't remember how many times I've rewatched Anastasia just last year!!! <3 I hope you read my WoW too <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Ron & Hermione too! And I was a total Peeta shipper from the beginning. I never really liked Gale from the moment Peeta was first mentioned... :p

    Have a look at my TTT: http://swissbookworm.blogspot.ch/2016/02/top-ten-tuesday-1-top-ten-fictional.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOoh great picks!!! And oh how I loved Anastasia and Dimitri too! Dimitri was probably one of my first cartoon crushes! LOL!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Team Peeta forever! Pam and Jim are so adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh nooo I just can't ship Peeta and Katniss. IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE GALE, OKAY? Gale and Katniss would make my list if they could just be a thing to make me happy. Actually, most of my love triangle shipping choices never work out. I'm so glad that Edward and Bella did though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chaol and Celaena!! Ok so I am only on book 2 so no idea where it goes but love them. And Jim and Pam are pretty much perfect! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many of these bake my favorite and while I love the Glass of Throne series because of the non Chaol and Calaena thing, I have yet to read book four, terrible I know but I wasn't ready for that to be completely over yet. :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was HUGE Chaol and Celaena fan! I even told the author I would kill someone if they didn't get back together, and she looked at me like I was crazy. I'm okay with Rowan and Aelin though. I'm realizing that Chaol and Celaena have different paths to take.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! Anastasia and Dimitri!! It's been too long! :)
    Great Top Ten!
    My TTT! :)
    Dreamland Review.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could never narrow a list like this down to just 10.

    My TTT:Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really liked The Notebook, too. One of my favorite movies. :)
    @dino0726 from 
    FictionZeal - Impartial, Straightforward Fiction Book Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes to Katniss & Peeta! I also really liked Annie and Finnick. I wish there was a book written all about them because Finnick is literally one of my favorite characters of all time.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  17. AHH ANASTASIA AND DIMITRI <3 I will forever love and ship those two...omg so so adorable and fighty and ADORABLE. and I stand 100% behind you with Chaol/Celeana. I'm still too weirded out by Aelin/Rowan. I don't even want to read the next book tbh. *wails* When it comes out I'll wait and see what you think first. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Peeta is one of my faves I can't believe all the hate he gets from movie and book fans.

    Paulina @ The Little Book Pixie
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love Katniss and Peeta! Also Sephy and Callum....Noughts and Crosses may have broken my heart, but I maintain that their love story is one of the most beautiful things I have ever read! Also Moulin Rouge is my favourite movie and I love Satine and Christian. I think I'm in the same boat as you, I love OTPs that leave me in puddles of tears!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/02/09/top-ten-tuesday-43/

    ReplyDelete
  20. ANASTASIA and DIMITRI!!! Yes!!! Oh love that movie! :D My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am a shipper too. I read to ship. Seriously, if a book doesn't have a ship I can get behind there's a good chance I will not like it. And if my ship doesn't become canon it's like the world has ended.
    Chaolaena till the end. Unite! I will be hoping and believing in their happily ever after until I've read the last page of the last book. I have to believe that Aelin will see her mistake(even though Chaol is to good for her now) and come groveling at his feet.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank goodness there are still some of us who loved Chaol and Celaena. I have so much love for Chaolaena, and to me there is no. Other. Option! *sobs* And I looooove Peeta and Katniss! Gale just doesn't get a look in (soooo not sorry, teehee! ;)) I do like Ron and Hermione...(and you're probably gonna hate me for this) but, I ship Dramione. Yep. I really, really do! (It's my guilty pleasure, what can I say, mwahahaha!) Awesome list, Charnell!

    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day! Because of time restraints, this is now an award free zone but thanks so much for considering me! Feel free to leave a link to your own blog and I will come visit.