Image Map

I Wish I Could Revisit These Characters



It's time for Top Ten Tuesday and this weeks topic is:


Characters I Wish I Could Revisit As Adults


Sam & Jase from My Life Next Door

This is still one of my all time favourite books, it's such an adorable and moving contemporary YA book. I adored both Sam and Jase as characters, and thought they made such a wonderful couple. I would love to revisit them both as adults, to see if they managed to go the distance. To see if they're both happy. I'd also love the chance to see George Garrett all grown up, and just revisit all the awesome Garrett family.

Katniss & Peeta from The Hunger Games

I know we kind of get to see a little of this in the epilogue, but I want more. I want to see how Katniss and Peeta are doing together. How are they coping after everything they have lived through. Are they happy, despite everything they've seen and had to deal with. I just love these two characters and would love any excuse to get to read about them once more.

Mia & Adam from If I Stay

Okay, so we kind of get this in Where She Went - but that book was horribly depressing at times, which is saying something when If I Stay involves a car crash that kills people. I want to revisit them again, once they are older and happier and settled.


Maya from Forbidden 

I may have mentioned a few hundred times that Forbidden is a favourite of mine. That book was heartbreaking but beautifully written. I just loved it so much, even if it pained me so much to read it. I would love to revisit Maya as an adult, I have wanted more of her story since the moment I finished the book.

Ridge & Sidney from Maybe Someday

They technically are adults, but I'd love to revisit them again ten years in future. Actually, I'd revisit them any time or at any age. I have wanted more of their story since I closed the book and I would happily take whatever Colleen Hoover gave us.

Nastya & Josh from The Sea of Tranquility

At this point I would just have Katja Millay release another book. Seriously, woman, I am desperate. But this book just had such a big impact on me and I still think about it, months and months after finishing it. I would love to be able to see our two lead characters later in life, to see how they are both doing.


I Want These Characters To Have Coming of Age Stories


James, Lily, Severus, Lupin & Sirius from the Harry Potter series

Harry Potter is basically my life so of course I would go and choose these guys! I want all of their stories. I want to see how James, Lupin and Sirius became friends. I want to see how James and Lily came to be together. I want to see how Severus and James came to hate each other so much. I want to see Lily and Severus as friends. I just want a HP prequel so badly it hurts. 

Voldemort from the Harry Potter series

Of course I want a Voldemort coming of age story, the guy is fascinating as fuck. How did he become such a terrible human being? I want his childhood, and all those little events that led him to becoming the Villain we know. I just think Voldemort's younger years and rise to power would make for a fascinating story. 

Haymitch from The Hunger Games

HAYMITCH!!! Oh, Haymitch. Who wouldn't want to see his Games?!?! I am desperate for this to be a thing that happens. I don't think Collins will write it - does that woman even write any more? But they do want to milk the movie franchise for all it's worth, so I could see them doing his story as a prequel movie. I can deal with that.

Which characters would you like to revisit? Or are there any characters who you wish you could read a coming of age story for? My list would be endless if I included TV and film characters too. 


I have spoken a lot (I'm totally not sorry!) about my love of Instagram and how much I love taking bookish photos for it. I recently reached 6,000 followers on there and thought it was a good time to do a giveaway. I am offering £30 worth of books to the winner - the winner gets to choose their books from Book Depository. To find out how to enter GO HERE.


15 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yessss I would love to see a Haymitch spin off. It doesn't even have to be a big book, just a little tasty novella for all of us salivating over seeing a young haymitch grow up. This being said, until you said it I hadn't even realized that we haven't seen any new series/writing from her. I guess if you do that well it's hard to follow up?

    @ Lunch-Time Librarian

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in total agreement with wanting Haymitch's story! I would love that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think there definitely needs to be a Voldemort story, but more importantly a James, Severus and Lily one. I was tweeting about this needing to happen the other day - I honestly think it would be absolutely incredible

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maybe Someday is high on my must read list but I couldn't agree more with so many of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHH YES *hi fives for Haymitch* We are twinning on that one. XD But actually the more I think about THG the more backstories I want! Like Finnick and Annie?!?! And also any of the career's childhoods...because omg how awful would it be to train all your life to possibly be killed/kill?! 0_0 AND JOHANNA MASON. <3 I want a book about her so I can, like, cry for 9 million years on the horrible things the Capitol did to her. *melts into a puddle of nope*

    AND I WANT A MARAUDERS BACKSTORY. MORE. I mean, there were those flashbacks in HP7? But not really enough. I need to know more about Snape. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mia and Adam, Katniss and Peeta, YES! I'd love to see more from them. I did love the Movie Kaniss and Peeta (somehow they were "happier" than Book Katniss and Peeta) and haven't read Where She Went. Yet. :) Great list - and thanks so much for visiting Finding Wonderland.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree! I really want to find out more about Haymitch's backstory! What happened during his Hunger Games? Who did he ally with? WHAT HAPPENED?? Yes, I think Voldemort's backstory would also be very interesting to see. Was Voldemort always evil, or did something happen for him to change? That would be so cool to find out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  9. I had Katniss and Peeta on my list this week too. I'd also love Harry Potter and Hunger Games prequels!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/05/03/top-ten-tuesday-55/

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would absolutely love to see a coming of age story for James, Lily, Severus, Lupin, and Sirius! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I never really thought about this before but I would LOVE to revisit Katniss and Peeta in the future, and even Haymitch now that he has gone on with his life. And possibly even Gale! There could be a whole spin off about him and his life getting over Katniss because she was such a big part of his life for ages. Wow. I want it so badly now ;.;

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need a story about the Marauders and I also would like to see Katniss/Peeta in the future. For me, their relationship at the end felt forced..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omigosh, a Harry Potter prequel would be AMAZING! I've always thought about her continuing the series, and seeing Harry Potter and all the other characters get older, but you're right, there's so much fascinating backstory, and I would just love more of the Harry Potter WORLD. Like Six of Crows, and how it's set in the Grisha world, but not necessarily a prequel or a sequel? I'd even settle for something else IN THAT WORLD just so that I could have MORE.

    I picked up the Sea of Traquility last year, but I think it was due back at the library before I had a chance to read it. I've heard such good things, so I should really pick it up again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. really agree with the marauders one! it would be fun and also heartwarming reading the story about them! i think we're all agree that the hp fandom is just so desperate for a marauder prequel that we would do anything for it!

    tasya // the literary huntress

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment, it always makes my day! Because of time restraints, this is now an award free zone but thanks so much for considering me! Feel free to leave a link to your own blog and I will come visit.