Oh wait, no it's not. My blogoversary was actually on the 30th August, something I had forgotten. I was relying on the good old Blogoversay countdown from blogoversary.com to remind me when it was. It says it's four days from today. But I was getting my blogoversary post scheduled and noticed my first ever post was on the 30th August 2013. So I checked the information I put into the countdown when I first added it, and it's set to the 30th August. So I don't know in what universe the 27th September 2014 is a year after the 30th August 2013. So, yeah, bit of blogoversary rage because now I'm celebrating it late. Not that it actually matters, I'm just a little OCD.
I DID IT! One whole year of blogging! I am so proud of myself right now, it's gone by so fast and I have loved every minute of it. It's been stressful, time consuming and more work than I could ever have imagined. It's also been unbelievably fun, rewarding, introduced me to the most amazing people and made me feel like I've accomplished so much.
I have to say thank you, thank you, thank you! A million times thank you to everyone. To all of you reading this. To everyone who's commented, who's visited me, who's followed the blog. You're all amazing and wonderful and you've made every minute I've spent blogging worth it.
So what have I accomplished in a year:
3,471 total followers
113,697 total pageviews
Far too many hours sat at my laptop!
It's nice to have that all up there for me to look at. Nice to see that I actually have accomplished something during this year. I've written more reviews then I had first thought, I've wrote a post for almost every single day. I've had a lot of comments, but also replied to a ton of comments. I've had a blast doing it and I couldn't be happier.
FYI - I'm totally about to take some inspiration from Notebook Sisters about what to look back on. Cait is never wrong... clearly!
Most Popular Searches
Damn you, what's with people and being allowed privacy and stuff. Haha! Kind of want to know what other search terms led people to my blog. But, as you can see, Non-Disney movies is what brings most people to my blog through Google. You would think this was a movie blog and not a book blog. At least Google seems to know how much I loved doing those two posts and how long they took to do.
Most Popular Posts
It makes sense then that my most popular post, with a massive 10,259 pageviews, is My Top 20 Non-Disney Animated Movies Part 1. Part 2 is the 5th most popular. Most of the others are all giveaway posts, which makes sense as the links to those get posted to Twitter a lot.
Most Commented On Reviews
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
The Distance Between Us by Kasie West
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Pivot Point by Kasie West
On The Fence by Kasie West
The Jewel by Amy Ewing
Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
I think my review posts are some of the ones that get the least comments and views. Some of my favourite books of the year are on that list, so I am pleased a lot of people saw them and commented on them. My older reviews don't have that much love, which is understandable. I'm rather happy about that, I can't imagine how bad those look right now.
Most Popular Discussion Posts
I have done so few discussion posts and yet they are some of my favourite posts to write. They also bring about the most discussion, obviously, which is so much fun. I definitely plan to do a lot more in the next year. Especially since I have introduced Book Blogger Problems and already have almost 10 posts planned for that. I also what to finally do another Things That Disney Taught Me, just because that post was sooooo much fun to do!
Other Popular Posts
And here's the advice I have for anyone thinking to start a book blog or who already has one.
1. If you haven't started yet then schedule some posts in advance. I wish I had seen that piece of advice, but I just jumped right in. Being ahead makes things so much easier. You can relax a bit more when you are scheduling ahead. Not like me, who sometimes sits up till the early morning trying to get posts written.
2. Don't go crazy on requesting eARCs. Another piece of advice I wish I had taken. Getting a Netgalley and Edelweiss account was an amazing feeling. Seeing all those wonderful books I could request and potentially read. I never expected to get accepted for many so I went request crazy. I have still never caught up. I'd say request 1 or 2 at a time that you really want to read and request more once you've read them.
3. Visit other blogs. Visit as many as you can as often as you can. It's nice to get the sense of community that comes with blogging. You'll also discover some amazing blogs and amazing people.
4. Comment and reply to comments. It's so important to comment on other blogs, as well as reply to comments on your own. Even if the other person never even sees your reply, it's good to show that you appreciate and see that someone has taken the time to comment on your post.
5. Take part in some memes. I know some people don't like them, I personally think they are a great thing for someone who has just started blogging. It lets other people know that your blog is out there. It gets people reading your blog, even if it's just one post. But if they enjoy what you're writing then they might come back to read more.
And the most important:
6. Blog for you. I think us bloggers put so much pressure on ourselves at time. We worry about so much, whether we're posting enough, commenting enough, writing good reviews, visiting other blogs enough and so much more. Sometimes it's best to not worry about everyone else. Blog for you. Blog when you want, how often you want and about what you want.
This is where I will forget loads of people without meaning too! So... SORRY!
The biggest thanks of all has to go to the wonderful:
Amanda @ Book Badger
What started out as me visiting and commenting on her blog and her doing the same to me, has turned into me finding a great friend. She's amazing and she's helped me out so much over this last year. She basically did most of the design for my current blog because 1. She's amazing at design 2. I suck at it and 3. Because she's just the loveliest person ever. If I need any advise about blogging, reading or just life then I know I can turn to her. I can't begin to thank her enough! She also has a brilliant blog that I visit almost everyday! So thank you for everything you have done for me Amanda.
I also want to really thank Cait @ Notebook Sisters
She's one of the first people I remember who would visit my blog regularly and leave comments. I think new and old bloggers can understand just how amazing that feels when you first start out. It was nice to know that there was at least one person out there who was reading my blog and enjoying it enough to leave a comment. Plus, let's be honest, Cait leaves the best and funniest comments. This then led to me discovering Notebook Sisters which is one of my favourite blogs. Her posts always make me laugh and I go a bit crazy if she doesn't post for a while. Yup, I'm a crazy blog stalker! So thank you Cait, for making me feel like people cared about what I had to say.
And to all of these people who come by and comment often, whose blogs I love and who brighten up my day. (Again, sorry if I miss anyone off!)
Ebony @ Daring Damsels | Stacie @ Books Galore | Mel @ The Daily Prophecy | Allie @ Little Birdie Books | Brittany @ This Is The Story of My Reading Life | Zoe @ The Infinite To-Read Shelf | Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books | Anna @ Herding Cats & Burning Soup | Anne @ Lovely Literature | Pam @ YA Escape From Reality | Eileen @ BookCatPin | Patty @ Patty's Book Corner | Chuckles @ Churckles Book Cave | Jess @ My Reading Dress | Rachel @ Confessions of a Book Geek | Kindlemom @ My Guilty Obsession | Kay @ It's A Book Life | Jess @ Jess Watkins | Alma @ Journey Through Fiction | Mara @ The Reading Hedgehog | Jeann @ Happy Indulgence | Breathes Books | Ashana @ Ashana Lian | Finley @ Finley Jayne | Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road | Natalie @ The Written Adventure | Aly @ My Heart Hearts Books | Kelly @ Diva Booknerd | Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight | Kara @ Diary of Teen Writer | Roy @ Phantom Reads
If I missed you off then:
If I missed you off then:
I still get excited over every follower, pageview, comment or mention! So thank you to all the bloggers and readers. You have made my first year of blogging truly spectacular! I'm excited for many more years of blogging ahead of me.
I can't celebrate my blogoversary without holding a giveaway for all of my amazing followers. I debated what to do for it for so long. I know a lot of people get in touch with authors, publishers and even other bloggers to see if they want to donate prizes but I am just far too shy for that!
I wanted it to be something big but didn't really know what to do. I enjoy having multiple winners because I love gifting so many people books. But I am going to go with one winner who will win up to £40 worth of books from Book Depository. Then I will have 1 runner up who will get 1 book worth up to £10 from Book Depository. It's open internationally as long as BD ships to you!